Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A Reading Machine




This kid is loving reading right now, especially the Harry Potter series. We read the first book together, and started reading the second book together, but he got tired of waiting for me so he just decided to fly solo. He was mid-way through book 2 on our flight to Baton Rouge two weeks ago, so I figured we just needed to lug that one book around and that would last him until we got back. Except he finished it as we landed in Baton Rouge, and I had left book 3 at home. Silly mom.

I ran to Barnes and Noble and bought him four other chapter books from other series that he likes and he tore through them by the next day.

Once we arrived back home after the thrill of a trip to Mardi Gras, he cracked open book three. Now, a week later, he's about midway through book four.

The only problem with so much interest in reading is that he doesn't hear a word I say. Not that he ever hears me anyway.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Brian H said...

I loved to read as a child. Still do.

Debb-Kevv said...

Yay Peyton!