Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Miracle on Scout Sunday

Today was Scout Sunday at the church that sponsors Peyton's Cub Scout pack. The scouts served as greeters, readers, and ushers, and Peyton did a great job reading his lines.

There was a pot luck following the church service. (I brought my mozzarella cheese ball, tomato, pasta salad, because that's what I bring to these things). On the way to the church, I realized I hadn't brought any food for Elliana to eat, which I usually do. I'm surprised I don't have a stash of it in the car. When the time came to go through the line, I let her get a plate and choose what she wanted. She wanted a roll. That's it. I asked her if she wanted some ham, which I've heard she eats at school sometimes. No, thanks, she said. I just want bread. As we went down the table, I offered her everything. She wanted nothing. So, I filled my plate with a little of everything and we sat down to eat.

We sat down next to another little girl, probably around 8 or 9. She had some bread and ham on her plate, along with a couple of brownies and a whole lot of whip cream. I'm not sure if it was the influence of the older girl's plate with ham, or the fact that there was a reminder of dessert if you eat a good lunch, but suddenly, Elliana wanted ham. And then she went back two more times for more. And then she knew she could have a big ole brownie. With a ton of whip cream on the side that she could dip her brownie in. Note: she did NOT want the whip cream on top of her brownie. In any case, the girl ate something from the pot luck offerings. There's a first time for everything.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: