Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Still Waiting

We went to the doctor again today - weekly visits now. No new news.
I told her I was having sharp pains in my lower abdomen area when I walk - they aren't contractions because its only when I'm walking and they don't last long. She said, sounds normal. Everything is loosening up in order for me to give birth. She asked how I was feeling otherwise? Grouchy and ready for this baby to come out. Again she said, sounds normal. She also said the baby won't come unless I make peace with the situation and get over being grouchy. (I think that was for Patrick's benefit). She asked, any fluid retention? Yes, my hands hurt at night and my feel hurt during the day. She said, sounds normal. She asked, are you having any contractions? No. Ok, see you next week.

She said its really anyone's guess as to when he's going to arrive. It could be anytime now. Even though I'm not having any contractions, I could start any moment. She is on call on Sunday and that's really my only chance of actually having her deliver the baby. She said sometimes her patients have a way of willing their babies out when she's on call. I asked for a prediction on the size of the baby and she says 7 1/2 lbs but she says that for the most part, its a guess. Personally, I think he's over 8lbs.

Here are everyone else's predictions so far for when the baby is coming - feel free to add your prediction! I like Aunt Dede's suggestion - the one closest gets to hold him first when he visits!

Aunt Debbie - April 15th, 7.5 lbs, 22in
Aunt Donna - April 14th, 9 lbs 7 oz, 21.5in
Aunt Dede - April 7th, 8lbs 3oz, 20in
Mom - April 9th, 8lbs 4oz, 21.5in
Heather - April 12, 7lbs 2oz, 20in
Erin - April 12th, 8lbs, 21in
Granny - April 15th, 7lbs 2oz

P.S. Patrick wants me to mention what a good husband he has been. He massages my hands in the morning and he tries to be as accommodating and helpful as possible. He's been trying very hard to be nurturing, so he wants everyone to stop reminding him that he has to be nice to me.

No comments: