Monday, October 1, 2007

13 Weeks

Ok, Ok, I know I'm a little behind. I was a little distracted last week with school stuff, but here is the 13 week update:
At 13 weeks, the baby is about 3 inches long - about the size of a jumbo shrimp. The head is now only about 1/3 of the size of the body, so things are becoming a little more proportional. The baby now has unique fingerprints and the kidneys are functioning along with the urinary tract, so the baby is beginning to urinate. How exciting! That must be why I feel like I need to run to the restroom every 10 minutes. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point.
This week is the official end of the 1st trimester, and things are still going very well. I feel great and am starting to show a little bit. My mom's been sending me some maternity clothes that she has found great deals on (of course!), and I've bought a couple of non-maternity shirts that look like maternity shirts since that's the style now. I just need long shirts to cover the elastic waistband of the maternity pants I'm wearing. My friend Lauren had a baby on Friday and she had given me some of her early pregnancy "big" clothes to wear, so that's been helpful. My butt is bigger than hers, so I think I outgrew the bottoms more quickly than she did but the tops have been great!
Every day when I come to work, Minna, my labmate, checks out my wardrobe to make sure I look presentable. Apparently she had a dream that I was very pregnant and came to work dressed in a moo-moo. She thought I looked horrible, and debated on whether or not she should tell me that I could be pregnant and still wear cute clothes. She was afraid that she would upset me, the pregnancy hormones would kick in, and I would cry. Apparently I worried her the other day at Erin's defense when I started crying during Erin's acknowledgments to her family and then I couldn't stop crying. At least now when I cry, I have an excuse.
I have to go now.....I need to tinkle.

2 comments:

Haynes said...

Thanks for the updates. It is nice know what is going on.

Haynes said...

It is nice to know.... I guess that is what the preview button is for.