Friday, October 26, 2007

17 Weeks

The baby is getting bigger - about 5 inches now, which is about the length of your hand to the tip of your pinky finger. My uterus must be growing pretty rapidly because I've had some abdominal pain this week that the doctor has said is round ligament pain. I'm not having any other problems, so she said it wasn't anything to worry about. We listened for the baby's heartbeat which is was a strong 142 bpm. I haven't felt the baby moving yet, but it shouldn't be too long before I do. The skeleton of the baby is starting to harden to bone and the baby is beginning to develop its sense of hearing. I guess I'm going to have to start singing to it...or do you think that would just traumatize him/her?
My mom was here over the weekend and we got a lot accomplished. We now have a huge pile of stuff for a garage sale. She helped us go through closets, drawers, boxes of papers, etc. We can now open most of our closets without being scared that something is going to jump out at us. We bought hooks and bins to hang and store a lot of stuff, which has really helped with the organization. I found a lot of stuff that I hadn't seen in awhile. On a sadder note, she made me throw away some things that I didn't really want to get rid of. Like my pay stubs from working my campus job at LSU where I made $700/semester. Don't you think I'll need those someday?? And she made me get rid of my papers and notes from my first year of graduate school that I haven't looked at since. My notes from college must be stored in the closet at her house somewhere. I definitely might need those some day!
Ok, so in the end, we got rid of a lot of stuff that we needed to get rid of. Hopefully it will be a successful garage sale!
She did the ring test on me, because I had been getting some huge inconsistencies in the results. She showed me the right way to do it and ever since then, every time I do the test, it says Girl, Boy, Girl, Boy. Am I really going to have 4 children?!
We'll know the sex of the baby pretty soon!

7 comments:

Minna said...

Uh oh, if the baby is starting to hear, I guess that means Jessica has to stop swearing in lab...

Anonymous said...

Which is never going to happen!

MOM said...

PLEASE don't tell me my daughter is a potty mouth!!!!
I enjoyed my visit very much and I think you may actually have room to bring "her" home now. Hope the garage sale if profitable.
MOM

Unknown said...

You are so lucky! Your mom came in and saved the day! Now you have room for the baby and for lots of new sentimental "stuff". And I think you should start singing if it'll make you stop swearing.

Aunt Donna said...

I think you should play what I call "spa music" for the baby. That way she will feel right at home as she gets pampered by her family when she arrives. And I also think 4 is a good number for a family as long as the boy girl ratio is equal.

Emily said...

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I love reading your posts. I'm so excited! Pluse theyre really good to read when I'm avoiding homework and essays. College life is going really well, and I know what you're wondering, Patrick - no new guys... yet

janet said...

I'm a little behind on the comments. I would just like to say if lack of rationality is any indication of pregnancy, Jessica has been preggers since the day I met her, about five years ago!