Thursday, January 24, 2008

29 Weeks

Here is my big belly, getting bigger every day!

Patrick and I have been working on the baby's room all week. He painted over the weekend (notice the nice green color!) and we built the crib Tuesday night. It came out very nice - we're very excited about it. But we've come to realize how very small the room is. Its only 8.5x8.5 ft, so there won't be much extra space! We're still hoping to squeeze a dresser/changing table combo and a rocker/glider. Its going to be a tight fit, and we haven't quite figured out how we're going to arrange the room. We're using newspaper cut to the dimensions of the dresser and rocker to try to lay things out with the crib (since we don't have either of those pieces in the room yet), and we haven't found the perfect solution yet, but hopefully we'll figure something out. Nellie has been checking out all the action as we are starting to put together the room.
But don't be fooled. She's not as innocent as she looks. What she's really after is the monkey.

In other news, Patrick and I took a newborn care class last night at the hospital. We learned all about diaper changes, baby carriers, and swaddling. I'm a little concerned that when Patrick was practicing putting a baby doll in a carrier that you wear, he popped the baby's head off. A little too much pressure on the head as he was trying to position the baby, perhaps? I'll give him another chance but if he pops our baby's head off, he's going to lose some privledges.

My water aerobics class is a lot of fun. There are a couple of other moms in the class that are due in April. I feel a little self-concious because I think I look way bigger than they do. But its fun to get together with other prego ladies and swap stories. I have my second class tonight.

The baby should be about 2.5 lbs now and about 15 inches long. This is the period where his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, so I've been drinking lots of milk! He needs about 250mg of calcium a day to deposit into his hardening skeleton. His head is getting bigger as well since his brain is developing so he also needs lots of protein, Vit C, folic acid, and iron. I've really tried to eat much healthier since I've been pregnant. Hopefull he's getting lots of good nutrients!

7 comments:

Aunt Donna said...

Please make sure Patrick practices a lot more with that baby doll - I think real heads are harder to get back on! And I think you look great. Stop comparing yourself to other women because I'm sure they all feel very jealous when they see you.

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful! Keep up the good work on the healthy diet stuff. I enjoy staying up to date on everything by checking your blog.

Anonymous said...

So when does the 2008 swimsuit calendar come out? I will take one!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess....Um, you're prego....I mean I know this is not a news flash anymore, but I am still in awe every time I see a picture of you and your belly!!!
Crib looks awesome. I'm excited about my trip in April. Tell Harry to get ready....Aunt T is coming (I even have Matt calling the baby Harry Larry).

Debb-Kevv said...

The room looks great!!! Tell Patrick he done good. The crib is absolutely beautiful and so are you. Relax and enjoy yourself during this wonderful time before the baby is born. The water aerobics is a great idea and I think will definitely help in the long run. I love the quilt and the animal theme, and the green with red accents is perfect. I used paper cutouts to try and arrange my furniture before moving in but nothing worked until I had the stuff there in the room and played around with it. Of course I think I had the measurements all wrong (DUH)! It will all work out. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

You look great. Sorry about the doll thing but I'm sure Patrick will get better. I agree with your Dad...keep eating healthy. And paper cut-outs??? You and Aunt Debbie have way too much time on your hands. The stuff came, I shoved it in the room, the kid showed up and he didn't sleep in it until he was 10. I do have cute pictures of him sitting in an Ester basket in the middle of the floor in his cute room and one of him asleep in his swing in the middle of the floor in his cute room but I have no pictures of him actually in his beautiful crib. Luckily it turned into a toddler bed.
Keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

This post is hysterical. I love that Nelly is staring so intently at the monkey. She is showing incredible restraint.