Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Weeks 27 and 28

I'm a little behind on updating the blog, so I'll have to do two weeks at once! The third trimester has officially begun! The baby should be about 2 1/4 lbs and about 14.8 inches long. He can open and close his eyes and his eyelashes have also formed. As his eyesight is developing, he can probably start to see light that filters in through my belly. His brain tissue is also still developing, and at this point his brain is probably very active.

Patrick and I have been busy the last couple of weeks. We've finally managed to get most of the baby's room cleared out and transferred most of the office stuff into the guest bedroom (its getting very crowded in there!) We've been storing all of the baby stuff in the guest bedroom too since we still need to paint the baby's room. I'm working on picking out the paint, but I don't make decisions like this very quickly. And Lowe's seems to be out of the paint swatch that I think has the exact green color on it that I want! But I think I would like to paint the room green and have red accents, like red curtains, etc., since the pattern has some red in it. Those of you that have been to our house know that the baby's room is already green, but its definitely not the right green. Its too dark, and not quite the right shade to match the pattern. But I think I've finally convinced Patrick that the room needs to be painted. He has agreed to do it, although he doesn't seem to be happy about it. Since I'm pregnant, I'll just supervise the job. But I'd better get the green color right the first time because there is no chance in hell that I'll convince him to repaint it if I don't like it! We're going for an animal theme, and here's a picture of the quilt from the pattern for the baby's room (click on the picture to make it bigger):


We purchased the crib this past weekend, so I'm glad that it's done. I was worried that we would have to order it and that it would take up to 12 weeks to arrive, which is around the time the baby will arrive too. And even though the baby won't sleep in his crib right away, we still needed it soon, right?! But the lady at the store said, "we have some in the back, do you want it today?" and of course I said yes! They came out with this huge box, so we ended up having to take all of the pieces out so that we could fit them all in the back of the Explorer. I told Patrick that I felt so much better now that we have the crib. He thinks I'm crazy of course because he didn't think there was anything to worry about anyway. And now he wants to know what we should do with it until we are ready to put it in the baby's room. Hmmmm...right now its in pieces in the living room. Guess we should paint the room so that we can put the crib together, huh? That means I need to make a decision about the color!

I had my most recent doctor's appointment yesterday. I had to do the screening for gestational diabetes, so i had to drink a very sweet fruit juice drink then wait an hour to have my blood drawn. I called and got the results today and it was in the normal range, so that's excellent! The baby's heartbeat also sounded great - it was around 150bpm, so it's going strong! Otherwise, the doctor seems to be pleased with my progress. I only gained about 5 lbs between my last two visits, as opposed to the 10 that I gained between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I have enrolled in a prenatal water aerobics class on the suggestion from Patrick's cousin Laura. She said it made her feel so much better and she thinks that the fact that she was in pretty good shape made for a better labor. I look pretty funny in my prego bathing suit, but hopefully so will all of the other pregnant women in the class. I'm supposed to start tomorrow night, but I'm fighting a cold again so I guess I'll have to wait and see how I feel.

1 comment:

Aunt Donna said...

It sounds like you are both very busy - which is a good thing because there's a baby to get ready for! And while Patrick is agreeing to do the painting I'd suggest you hurry up and pick a color and give him some paint and brushes.
Still keeping his name a secret?
Love,
Aunt Donna