Saturday, February 9, 2008

30 and 31 Weeks

Wow! Time is flying by...less than 9 weeks to go! I feel like I'm getting bigger by the minute. I was starting to have a lot of leg pain because I think the baby is sitting pretty low. But now I wear this belly-band thing that pulls my belly up. Its actually helped quite a bit with the leg pain and higher back aches.

The baby is moving around quite a bit. Sometimes I feel like he's doing summersalts in there. I think he gets the hiccups occasionally. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday, then I will start going every two weeks.

Some friends of ours had a 'baby brunch' for us and another couple that is pregnant a couple of weekends ago. We played games and ate lots of good food. But one of the games consisted of guessing the ingredients to 5 different baby foods. I dipped my pinky slightly in them to get a little taste and gave up after that. None of them tasted all that great, and they all tasted the same to me. Seemed like all of them had bananas in them, but apparently only one did. Patrick on the other hand ate everything on his plate trying to figure out what they all were. He only got the banana part right too.

My mom and Bob were here last weekend (since it was Mardi Gras). We got a lot done. My rocking chair arrived and we put that together, we put the mobile together and put that on the bed and started decorating the baby's room. We washed a lot of the baby's clothes and blankets and stuff he'll use in the beginning. I felt better having gotten so much accomplished.

My water aerobics class is going well. It feels so good to get in the water and move around. And its good to talk to other first-time moms or other moms that have done this before. The lady that teaches the class has a 13 week old, so she has lots of great advice.

Patrick and I will be taking a childbirth class next weekend. Its lasts all day both Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully we will get something useful out of it.

The baby should now weigh a little over 3 pounds and is probably about 16 inches long (we don't know this for sure, but this is a general idea). Apparently he should be heading into a growth spurt so I guess that means I can look forward to getting bigger and bigger! His eyesight is beginning to develop but will probably only have about 20/400 vision when he's born.

7 comments:

Debb-Kevv said...

Wow! Time has definitely flown by. I used to taste the baby food while feeding Jacob and all of it was pretty nasty. I couldn't wait for him to be able to eat real food. It is such a miracle to feel the baby moving, okay but sometimes it can get annoying. Your childbirth class should be fun and informative, just remember to keep things in perspective if they start talking about things you would rather not hear. You will do well and the water aerobics will certainly help you. These 9 weeks will go fast so make sure you both enjoy and make the best of your time.
Love, Debbie

Unknown said...

You actually tried baby food? It looks so disgusting unless it's better looking now. Jesse refused it all! He did formula until just a few years ago...just kidding.
He did get the hiccups a lot thought and usually at night so everything would go into hiccup mode and forget sleep while that's happening.

You and Patrick are doing just great. You're getting everything accomplished. I pray for my nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great nephew every day!
Keep up the good work.
Love,
Aunt DeDe

Aunt Donna said...

Please stop eating baby food - it's meant for babies! I can tell you in all honesty that Greg loved his. Aside from the fact that I gave him carrots too often (he really liked them) and he turned a nice shade of orange, he grew nicely without me ever tasting the gook in the jars! And it wasn't my fault he turned orange because if you check the ingredients almost all baby food dinners have some kind of orange vegetable in them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. And I hope I never get invited to a party where baby food is served!!!
Love,
Aunt Donna

MOM said...

So glad we got so much done while I was there. Just some last minute things to do and you'll be ready!! Of course you wouldn't remember this but you didn't eat baby food from jars. You ate whatever we ate except yours came out of the blender. You wouldn't eat carrots back then and still won't today so I guess we'll never have to worry about you turning orange!! See you in 2 1/2 weeks again!! Love, MOM

Unknown said...

Your mom is just the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Alright, don't get me wrong, everything in that birthing class is interesting and helpful, but one little thing that I would pay attention to is the lesson on swaddling. The tighter you wrap him the better. We are talking sleeping through the night versus waking up every few hours. Anywho, have fun with the breathing exercises and don't hyperventilate.

Oh and Jes, your mom really is the best!!!

T-Rez said...

I thought about you this morning on the bus heading to work. I saw a very pregnant woman (pushing a toddler) and the temp today is 20. She was not having fun.
Wow, sorry I missed the "baby brunch." Sounds like a wild party.
Although you know me...I would have enjoyed tasting any of the green stuff. With a little red wine of course!
Sounds like all is going well and moving along so fast. He'll be here before you know it!! We can't wait.