Monday, February 20, 2012

Big Brother Peyton




Peyton has done well adjusting to the new addition so far. This morning I had her laying in bed with me and he was watching cartoons in our room. He peeked over me to look at her and he said, "Look at how cute!" He's very sweet with her, but we do have to remind him to be gentle. Having my mom here has been a big help because there are 3 adults and 2 kids, so at any one point, someone can be giving him undivided attention, playing outside, or playing games with him. And sweet Mrs. Lauren (many of you remember she took care of Peyton for 2 years) brought him a big basket of big brother stuff to help him feel important. Lots of activities and things to keep him busy, which is helpful too. My mom is leaving Thursday, so that will be the big test. Once its quiet and just us around here, I expect he may not find this too fun anymore, but who knows, I may be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: