Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Babies "R" Us is a scary place ....

My coworkers told me get used to it. Its the Bed Bath & Beyond for the newly married. Its the Lowe's of home improvement. Its our final conversion to yuppies.

Its not that they have everything (which they do). Its the fact that they have every option for everything. And every option takes D batteries. I need to invest in Duracell.

Baby monitor, you ask? Digital or Analog? Dual monitor or single? One, two, four, or ten channels? Did you also want it to show live video????????? Wow!!!

And strollers have apparently morphed into transformers over the past two decades. Its an infant stroller, its a toddler stroller, its an infant carrier, its a cradle and a car seat all in one. It now has cup holders and pockets for everything. Some even play music. I'm honestly surprised they're not remote controlled by now. Just Wait!

This is a whole new world to me. Its not that I'm complaining, I'm just a little overwhelmed.

-Dad in Training

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this just cracked me up. Like I said, pace yourself. It's the only way to survive and stay sane.

Aunt Donna said...

Sorry, I can't help you! My baby experiences date back WAY before Babies"R"Us. In those dark ages the car seat, stroller, carrier, etc were all separate pieces and the "baby monitor" was me - not sleeping very well. Baby care - in any age is a learn as you go thing. Just keep reminding yourself that if your parents' generation could do it than so can you!

Debb-Kevv said...

I don't know how anyone raised children without all this cool stuff!!! Relax though, no matter what gadgets or gizmos are out there, the most important thing you need to raise a child is LOVE!

Oh yeah and a lot of PATIENCE!

Unknown said...

Ask David. Once the seventh baby comes along, you're just winging it and there are no pictures of the last baby by himself!!! It is overwhelming but you two are going to be great parents no matter what kind of stroller you get.