Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Week 11

The baby should be about an inch and a half long now, weighing about a quarter of an ounce. The skin is still transparent, and the bones are beginning to harden. The fingers and toes have separated and he or she is taking on gender characteristics. (We should find out the sex around Thanksgiving time). The baby is probably starting to make tiny movements, although I can't feel them yet, that will increase over the next few weeks as the body grows and becomes more developed and functional.
I'm still feeling good, other than being tired, but I'm not complaining about that - at least I haven't had morning sickness!

-Jessica

3 comments:

Haynes said...

An inch and a half.! Looking at the early ultrasound, it is hard to believe he/she is so small. We'll all be glad to find out if he/she is a boy/girl so we can stop saying he/she. Are ya'll starting to talk about names?

Get plenty of rest. I'm glad you are feeling as good as you are.

MOM said...

Just like ya mamma!! Must mean it's a girl!

Love, MOM

Aunt Donna said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying this whole experience. Even I remember what a wonderful time my pregnancy was. Greg's ultrasound picture looks like he has his hand to his forehead - saluting.