Friday, September 30, 2011

The Name Game

I guess I'm about 20 weeks now and that means we're halfway there! I had a great pregnancy with Peyton, but I can't say I'm having as much fun this time around. I'm typing this sideways with one hand while lying down because I'm having so much trouble with my back that I can't sit or stand comfortably for more than 15 minutes. Its a problem that started about 4 weeks ago and has gotten progressively worse. Its hard to know exactly what is causing the issue since I can't have any imaging done, but it could be anything from my scoliosis, sacral instability or a bulging disk that is causing it. My physical therapist is banging her head against the wall, as is Aunt Di who has spent a lot of time on the phone with me trying to talk through what might be going on. Patrick is being so awesome, I couldn't ask for a better husband, but he's really having to do everything around the house and with Peyton because I can't do much of anything. Quite frustrating. Peyton is being such a sweet boy, it makes me very proud. He asks how I'm doing and gets ice packs for me and "checks everything out" while I'm laying on the floor. He's being quite caring and sweet. I just hope I get some relief soon and I don't have to spend the next 4.5 months on the floor.

Onto more fun topics, we're in the process of choosing a name. We're going to keep this one a secret like we did last time. Thats for a number of reasons. 1. Its just fun to keep everyone in suspense. But more importantly, 2. We want to reserve the right to change the name and 3. We don't want to be influenced once we've decided.
That being said, we're taking suggestions. Here are our loose criteria:
1. We don't want it to be the most popular name out there - that automatically discards the Olivias, Sophias, and Isabellas.
2. We would like for it to have some kind of family connection. Peyton Christopher has a lot of family meaning to it - Peyton is a variant of Patrick and Christopher is a family name from my mom's side of the family. So if any of you family members have some good names in the family tree, let us know.
3. It has to work well with "Harrell". That means no Hannah Harrell or Laurel Harrell.
4. We don't want the name to subject our daughter to years of teasing on the playground.
5. We don't want the name to remind us of people we'd rather forget.

Our baby name book is somewhere in a box in storage so that won't be any help, so let us know in the comments if you have some suggestions!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I've got a few for you.
Katherine (Kate). I really like the name but can't use it (Kate Kerber doesn't work).
Addison (Addy)- Yes-from Private Practice but still cute.
Madeline (Maddy)


That is all i have right now. Good luck!

Aunt Donna said...

I pulled out the family tree info I have - not too many good options - but here's what I found.

From the Ragas tree:
Coralie -my grandmother
Emily - my great grandmother - but too popular
Olivia - my great grandmother - but also too popular
Eugenie - great, great grandmother
Louise - great, great grandmotherMarie
Genevieve - great great great grand
Marie -great great great grand

And the Foret tree:
Elodie - grandmother
Leah - great grand
Cecile - great grand
Marie - great great grand
Elodie - great great great grand
Azelie - great great great grand
Theotiste -great great great grand

Good luck with the name game. I'm sure you'll find the perfect name for this girl!
Love,
Aunt Donna

Aunt Donna said...

A few more names from the family trees:
Lucia
Marcelline
Madeline
Margarita
Marguerite
Natalie
Henriette
Elizabeth
Catherine
Jeanne
Anne

Jessica said...

Thanks for the suggestions jen and aunt Donna. I called granny yesterday to ask for names but she only gave me two and told me I couldn't use either one. Why? Because neither of them started with a "p". Oh.

Unknown said...

I think she should have a J name, not a P name. Jennifer is a very nice name :)