Wednesday, June 4, 2008

2 Month Checkup

Peyton went to the doctor yesterday for his 2 month checkup. He weighs a whopping 15lbs,4oz. Whoa! No wonder my back hurts. Obviously, he's a healthy, growing boy. He got a few shots, and he was quite cranky afterwards, understandably so I guess. But the pediatrician was pleased with his growth and progress, so we'll go back when he's 4 months.

Sleeping-wise, he's doing pretty well at night. I swaddle him and put him to bed around 9 0r 9:30pm. Even if he's not completely asleep, he'll usually settle himself and fall asleep eventually with little intervention from me. He's been sleeping until 3 or 4am, when he's not necessarily awake, but he's doing and awful lot of grunting and groaning. Eventually he wakes himself up and Patrick gives him a bottle and puts him back down and he'll sleep until 6 or 7am, when he again starts with lots of grunting and groaning. For awhile, he was doing pretty good at night but wasn't taking good naps during the day. However, he's done a little better in the last couple of days and has taken some really good naps. At the risk of jinxing the situation, I'll leave it at that.

There is a big debate about who Peyton looks like. Does he have the good looks of his dad or mom? I've scanned in our baby photos so that we can do a fair comparison. Patrick is 3 months in his picture, Peyton is 2 months, and I'm not sure how old I am, but I look like a baby, so it counts. I still don't know who he looks like.....


4 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable! I think he looks like...both of you! But I also think Jesse looks like his dad and everybody says he looks like me so don't trust my opinion! No matter who he looks like he's precious.
Love,
Aunt DeDe

maryode said...

How fun! I think he looks a bit more like his mommy, but maybe with his daddy's nose. What a little sweetie, thank goodness he's giving you a bit more rest at night!
-Mary

Aunt Donna said...

Glad to hear he had a good report from the doc. It's also good that he can settle himself to sleep - this saves you from doing this task for him. And I think he looks like..... Peyton!
Love,
Aunt Donna

Debb-Kevv said...

I hate to say this but my first impression was that he looks like Patrick. I hated when everyone told me that Jacob looked just like his Dad, that is why I hated to say it not because it is a bad thing to look like Patrick! However, he is beautiful and will definitely be "Peyton". I am glad he is sleeping better.
Love,
Debbie