Wednesday, December 5, 2007

23 Weeks


I was home this weekend and my family had a baby shower for me. I enjoyed eating all of the yummy food and getting to see everyone. It was so much fun! Everyone was so generous - I got a lot of very nice gifts. With some creative packing, I even managed to get all of them back home to North Carolina! I can't wait to start decorating the baby's room.

I've posted a few pictures from the shower and you can see that I'm starting to show a little. The cashier at Barnes and Noble told me congratulations this evening, so it must be pretty obvious now that I'm pregnant. Good thing for that guy that I am actually pregnant!

I'm still feeling good and looking forward to the holidays! The baby should be about 11 inches long now and probably weighs about a pound. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to get him ready for breathing on his own when he is born. His lips are becoming more distinct and his eyelids and eyebrows are in place. His teeth buds are also beginning to form below his gum line.





6 comments:

Aunt Donna said...

I agree - the baby shower was fun and the food was yummy! We enjoyed seeing you and all the cutsie baby stuff. You look great!

Erin said...

Jessica, you look amazing! I'm so glad you got to see everyone at home and eat some great food.

Debb-Kevv said...

Sorry I missed seeing you and really sorry I missed the food YUMM!! You look great and we are looking forward to seeing you at Christmas.

MOM said...

What a great time we had!! I can't believe you actually were able to get everything back home. Can't wait to see the room all decorated with my grandson in it! Looking forward to seeing both of you in 2 weeks.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry I missed the big event. You look absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Loving that new little great nephew already!

Anonymous said...

whoa, jess i think you have boobs now.

janet